Topic: Quit Tobacco
Everyone knows someone who uses a tobacco product. It could be a friend, a sibling, or a parent. Make a film that would help them quit.
#QuitTobacco #Committoquit #FSHIshortfilm2021
About the competition
This is a nationwide short film competition conducted by FSHI in partnership with Studio Tattva. This is conducted to create awareness in our young, only through awareness of the ill effects of Tobacco can we save them.
Rules of the Competition
- Last date for Registration – 11th May. You can register here – https://bit.ly/3dMPRUH
- This competition is for children between the ages of 12 to 16.
- The duration of the film cannot be more than 60 seconds long. Any film exceeding this will be disqualified without review.
- Your film should not include young people under 18 using real tobacco products.
- Films can be made in any Indian Language. If the spoken language isn’t English or Hindi, the film should be accompanied with Subtitles. (Use this tool – aegisub.org or any other free tool to create Subtitles). The Subtitles could be hardcoded or in .SRT format.
- There are no restrictions on the equipment used. You can use mobile phone camera or a DSLR to shoot your film.
- Do not use copyrighted music. Royalty free music is allowed.
- Last date to upload the film – 25th May
- Any film uploaded to social media before the completion results are announced will be disqualified. Do not share the film until the competition ends.
- This competition is open only for Indian Nationals.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any images in your entry have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party.
- No individual tobacco company may be named in your film.
- The file size of the film cannot exceed 50 MB
- Hemanth Kumar L– Director “Thurthu Nirgamana ” Co-director “Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu”
- Gayathri Jeaks– Animator/Storyboard Artist Founder– Studio Tattva
- Girish Atuvalaipil– Associate Director “Thurthu Nirgamana” Founder–Studio Tattva
- FSHI Best short film of the year 2021 – INR 15,000/-
- FSHI Runner up of the year 2021 – INR 10,000/-
The winner will be announced on “World No Tobacco Day” on the 31 st of May. Our winners will be chosen by our panel of Filmmakers. Winners will be picked on the basis of the Clarity of Concept, Craft, and Empathy towards the topic.
- Research the facts of Tobacco.
- Ask your friends to help.
- Enjoy the filmmaking process.
- Upload your film.
After the competition ends share the film on social media with the tags #QuitTobacco#Committoquit #FSHIshortfilm2021
How to upload your file?
- Login to www.youtube.com with the Gmail ID that you have registered with.
- Click on “Create”.
- Click on Select file.
- Select your film from your Hard drive.
- In the “Title” field, add the name of your film.
- In the “Description” field, add
- Contestant Name
- School Name
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Father’s phone
- Scroll Down, Select the option “Yes, it’s made for kids”. Click “Next”.
- Click “Next” again.
- Select “Private” under “Save or Publish” and click “Save”.
- Click on your video.
- Copy the link and upload it on the form here – https://bit.ly/2QvAfvB
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting your film entry (your “Entry”) to the FSHI Short film competition 2021 (the “Competition”) you shall be deemed to have accepted all of these Terms and Conditions in full. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions in full, you must not submit an Entry to the Competition.
- Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered. Any updates on the closing dates can be found on our website http://www.fshi.in/
- FSHI Short film competition 2021 reserves the right to reject any entries that infringe the copyright, moral right, performing rights, rights of privacy, trademark, or other proprietary rights, ( the “Intellectual Property”) of others, are defamatory or for any other reason.
- FSHI Short film competition 2021 reserves the right to reject any Entry that it considers containing unduly prominent or inappropriate sexual behavior, language, nudity, obscenity, violence, commercial reference, or any Entry that is considered to be harassing, threatening, or in any other way unsuitable for the Competition.
- FSHI Short film competition 2021 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- FSHI Short film competition 2021 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decisions in all matters are final.
- In consideration of FSHI Short film competition 2021 permitting you to submit your Entry and enter the Competition, you grant to FSHI Short film competition 2021, from the date of submission of your Entry in perpetuity, an exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to:
- Use, host, reproduce, edit, publish, distribute, transmit, display, copy, alter, store, re-format, broadcast, and/or otherwise communicate and/or make available to the public and otherwise make use of the Entry or part thereof in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including but not limited to cinemas, linear television, television video on demand, multimedia distribution systems, the internet, internet TV, and mobile/handheld devices; use any trademarks, service marks or trade names (e.g. brand names, logos) incorporated in your Entry; use the name and likeness of any individuals represented in your Entry, and use your name in any publicity pertaining to the Competition.
- In addition, you agree to waive all so-called “moral rights” to your Entry. (for example, showcase excerpts of your Film alongside excerpts of other filmmakers’ Entries for promotions at a later date).
- If your Entry is selected for the shortlist, you undertake to execute or ensure the execution of, whatever further documents FSHI Short fill competition 2021 requires from time to time for the purpose of giving the FSHI Short film competition 2021 the full benefit of this license.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the FSHI Short film competition 2021 shall not be obliged to use any or all of the content licensed to it under this Licence.